For the Mother of the bride
• Posted under wedding •
Firstly, congratulations, secondly don’t panic!
It can feel quite stressful planning your outfit but follow our cardinal rules and you’ll look fabulous:
1. You do not have to wear head-to-toe one colour: Gone are the days when your fascinator had to match your shoes, your bag, your dress, your jacket, etc. Team a printed dress with a plain jacket or opt for contrasting shades.
2. Monochrome is wedding-perfect: If colour isn’t your thing, then don’t fall into a pastels trap. Instead a tailored black (or white) dress teamed with a contrasting jacket will look effortlessly chic.
3. Are you a fascin-hater? If you’re not comfortable with OTT headgear then there’s no rule that says you must wear a hat. Opt for a statement necklace instead and a beautifully coiffed hairdo.
4. What if you don’t like dresses? Then try a trouser suit, or a pair of printed trousers teamed with a chic blouse. Trousers suits are back on trend, and now come in an abundance of prints and shades. Team with a pair of heels and a statement clutch.
5. You don’t need to be ‘mumsy’. Yes you should look sophisticated, but that does not mean dowdy. Go for figure flattering shapes, if you suit a ’50s flair then go for it; you want to look back on these pictures with fond memories not a cringing feeling!
But most of all, don’t stress, this a day to enjoy and be with your family, as long as you’re comfortable and you love your outfit, that’s all that matters!
What tips would you like to impart for other mother’s of the bride/groom out there? Let us know in the comments section below.